Monday, July 26, 2010


Some mystery should be left in the revelation of character in a play, just as a great deal of mystery is always left in the revelation of character in life, even in one’s own character to himself.
” -Tennessee Williams

I, Deepanjana Ghoshal, am an aspiring artist doing my BFA from Jamia Millia Islamia. Painting is something that came to me naturally. Ever since I was a kid, I used to love drawing. We Bengalis have it in our blood..a love for art and music. So, I always got encouragement from my parents. Moreover, I was a pampered baby…the apple of my parents’ eyes! I always got what I wanted even before I asked for it ;-) !!! The most mysterious and funny thing about my human drawings was their faces…I made them triangular and Ma still calls them “shuorer mukh” (pig faces)…lol. I don’t draw such faces anymore now but every scrap of paper that I used for my hobby is safe…preserved in an old yellow folder by Baba.

The adjective “mysterious” has always been attached to my name by many of my friends and the reason is still unknown to me !….However, I’m planning to do justice to it by starting this blog!!! To be very honest, this blog is not going to be about me or art or music….I have decided to do something really different here…In fact, the very idea that made me start expressing myself on the internet is quite unusual.

This is a space that I’ve created for a strange man…God knows if he’s real or just fiction. People might laugh at me when I disclose his name…people will find me crazy, dreamy and immature! But once I start posting all the historical information that I’v collected, I hope you will be forced to think!!!

Let the suspense grow a bit…I will not write much tonight as I’m a little weary and I’m sure that in a fresh mood, I shall be able to do better.

Thanks for stopping by…

Love,

D


No comments:

Post a Comment